Details of the Deal with Iran
Update: The text of the deal according to the New York Times
which links to this area of the cloud:
Initial Report: Nov. 24. A Reuters report says talks about a U.S. fact sheet on the deal
1. Halt in construction of the Arak heavy-water reactor which could yield plutonium
2. "Iran has also committed to suspending enrichment above a fissile purity of 5 percent".
3. It would "neutralize" it's stockpile of uranium refined to 20 percent
4. Sanctions would be relieved somewhat. $7 billion is the number metioned over the next few months.
5. France which torpedoed the agreement a few weeks ago is on board.
A Washingto Post article
says the agreement "halts the installation of new centrifuges used to enrich uranium and caps the amount and type of enriched uranium that Iran is allowed to produce."
In addition, Iran accepted a dramatic increase in oversight, including daily monitoring by international nuclear inspectors
According to the Post the agreement makes it "impossible" for Iran to make a nuclear weapon without detection by the U.S.
Comment: Or course, Iran also gets a respite from the constant threats from the U.S. for military action and new sanctions. Israeli leaders are predictably outraged. It remains
to be seen if Congress, which gorges on Zionist contributions, will try to sabotage the deal
Here is In a picture announcing the agreement President Rouhani of Iran was flanked by family members of Iranian scientists killed by foreign agents (presumably Israel)
Comment3: Here is an important article from September from the "Hand Off the People of Iran" site which explains how successful the U.S. has been with
its crippling sanctions and why the Iranian clerics are giving in. And in their October article the group reveals the dangers of Iran's nuclear program
No doubt HOPOI will have a penetrating analysis of yesterday's agreement soon.